Does not ship with POE Injector
Ubiquiti intends these phones to be wired back to a 48V POE switch that you provide. As such, they do not include a POE injector. You need to provide one of these:
Recommended Firmware Upgrade
If your UVP is loaded with UVP a version below 188.8.131.52, here is how to upgrade without a controller/USG. These two upgrades are very important as they fix a Voice quality issue, and allow manual controller URL setting.
How to check your version
- Android Settings
- About UniFi VoIP Phone
- See UVP Version
How to Upgrade
- Your UVP must be connected to the Internet.
- Using the Chrome browser on the UVP go to: http://freenet-warehouse.com.au/UVP/
- Touch the latest version: (e.g. 184.108.40.206)
- Touch SipService.apk
- Accept the security warning. Observe in top menu bar that a download is progressing.
- When download is complete, swipe down the top menu.
- Touch the newly downloaded file and touch Install.
- Repeat the above steps for the other file: UnifiPhone.apk
Disruptive Pricing, No Fees
The UniFi® VoIP Phone provides breakthrough value. The UniFi Controller software is bundled with the UniFi VoIP Phone at no extra charge - no separate software, licensing, or support fee.
Easy Integration with PBX
Ubiquiti's proprietary SDN software, the UniFi® Controller, readily integrates with a scalable PBX system for management of features such as call logging, auto-attendant, voicemail, and mass configuration.
Plug and Play Deployment
The UniFi® VoIP Phone includes SIP support and automatic provisioning to create an enterprise-class telephony infrastructure.