Limited Edition with Gigabit Ethernet (GbE)
The NanobeamM5-19 now ships from the factory with a 10/100 Mbps ethernet interface.
But ... some of the early production models came with 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit ethernet (GbE) interfaces. And we have some from that early production run!
Is there any Benefit?
The airMAX system can pass TCP/IP data over the radio faster than a 100 Mbps LAN interface can handle. That is: The LAN interface is the limiting factor for devices with 100 Mbps LAN interfaces. Generally the one-way TCP/IP speed over normal airMAX devices is 91 Mbps
But, we have measured up to 163 Mbps (79% faster) TCP/IP data throughput when connecting this product to a 1000 Mbps POE interface.
These units come with 10/100 Mbps x 24V POE injectors in the box. To take advantage of the Gigabit speeds, you need to power with a 10/100/1000Mbps x 24V POE injector. The Ubiquiti products below DO support 10/100/1000 Mbps x 24 V POE. So if you power these limited edition NanoBeams with one of these POE switches, you get the faster speeds:
NanoBeam and PowerBeam Family
The airMAX™ NanoBeam™ and PowerBeam™ are the Ultimate CPE device family. All models use the airMAX™ TDMA protocol, feature innovative mechanical design and offer excellent noise immunity due a uniform bandwidth. To maximize deployment flexibility, the products are available in 2 form factors:
- NanoBeam = all-in-one design, and
- PowerBeam = dish reflector design,
PowerBeam™ dish reflector design
The PowerBeam dish reflector design advances the popular NanoBridge Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) with an improved mechanical design and InnerFeed™ technology that improves performance and simplify installation.
NanoBeam™ all-in-one design
The NanoBeam all-in-one design advances the popular NanoStation Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) with a simple, easy to deploy unit with a gimbal mounting system giving full elevation and azimuth adjustment.
With a choice of form factors, frequencies and performance characteristics, the NanoBeam/PowerBeam is designed for a wide array of deployment scenarios. [Edit: the following statement is not true as of Feb-2015 ... but it is Ubiquiti's intention that in a future software release this statement will be true: All NanoBeam/PowerBeam devices are compatible with airMAX™ base station products and use the powerful airOS™ software].
The NanoBeam/PowerBeam family is available in these models;
Compact and Robust Product Design
The NanoBeamM5 is a small, high performance end point station. Activity and signal strength LED's simplify installation. Enhanced RF and Ethernet ESD/Surge protection enables prolonged operation in harshest environments.
Breakthrough Wireless Performance, airMax and airControl Support
150 Mbps TCP/IP [?] and 20+ km Range
NanoBridge M products utilise Ubiquiti's revolutionary AirMax™ TDMA protocol enabling scalable, carrier-class PtMP network performance. Additionally, AirControl™ application allows central management of 100's of devices.
The unit is a complete package of:
- 19 dBi gain antenna; both horizontal and vertical polarisations
- MIMO Radio package running AirOS V5
- Ethernet Interface, with POE input.
- Adjustable Pole-mount.
- 24 V POE Injector.
So that means:
- No radio card / host board issues
- No RF cable quality concerns
- No mechanical stability concerns
- No enclosure mounting requirement
- External signal strength LED meter for antenna alignment
- Integrated antenna
- Robust weatherproof design
- AirOS V5™ operating system that includes
- powerful network management
- gateway router or bridge functions, and
- full device control
|Transmit power||400 mW max.
|Receiver sensitivity||down to -96 dBm
|Antenna gain||19 dBi
|Processor Specs||Atheros MIPS 74KC, 560MHz
|Memory Information||64MB SDRAM, 8MB Flash
|Networking Interface||1 X 10/100/1000 Base-T (Cat. 5, RJ-45) Accepts POE voltages between 12 and 24 VDC.
|Approvals||FCC Part 15.247, IC RS210, CE, C-Tick
|Power Supply||12-24V POE @ 8 Watts.|
24V Supply and injector included.
|Power Method||Passive Power over Ethernet (pairs 4,5+; 7,8 return)
|Operating Temperature||-40C to +70C
|Size||189 x 189 x 125 mm
|Mounting||Pole mount included.
|Warranty||12 months Australian warranty
Warranty and Support Information:
- 1 year warranty - in Australia
- Ubiquiti Power Limits in Australia
- Official Online Forum
- Support Page for Drivers, Documentation, etc.
- The Knowledge Base provides a place where you can search the most commonly asked support and pre-sales technical support questions.
- The Support Wiki provides you with the AirOS user manual, quick setup guide, and setup tutorials to get your Ubiquiti™devices running.
- The Support Forum is an excellent and resourceful place to access the wealth of knowledge from Ubiquiti Support Engineers and the entire Ubiquiti™ Community.
- The Best Practices explains how Ubiquiti recommends setup for best performance.
- Support is provided by the manufacturer. After checking the FAQ and online forums, if you still need help you can reach support in these ways:
Power Over Ethernet Cable Lengths
Click image to enlarge
|Click on the image to see the maximum POE cable lengths for various Ubiquiti devices and POE injectors
You may want to also consider...
You may also want to add the following products to your purchase.
Externally Rated CAT5 Cable
Grounding: It is imperative that this device is installed with a grounded POE cable. Failure to do so can result in the ethernet interface failing in an electrical (lightning) storm. Failure to provide proof that a suitable cable was used will result in any warranty claim being void.