5 GHz, 2 x 2 MIMO Point-to-Point Dish Antenna
This antenna is designed to work with the Ubiquiti 5GHz RocketM5 range of products to create powerful 2 x 2 (MIMO) Point-to-Point (PtP) or Point-to-Multipoint(PtMP)links.
The radios that can be used with this product include:
The RocketM5 simply clips into a special holder on the back of the dish. You then connect the two supplied antenna cable jumpers between the Rocket and the antenna. Add some weatherproofing tape and you are done.
The Ubiquiti RocketDish RD-5G31-AC is a Carrier Class 2x2 (MIMO) Bridge Dish Antenna that is designed to seamlessly integrate with RocketM5 radios (RocketM5 sold separately).
Pair the RocketM5’s radio with the RocketDish antenna’s reach to create the endpoint of a high-performance, Point-to-Point (PtP) backhaul.
The Ubiquiti Research and Development team engineered the RocketDish RD-5G31-AC with high isolation and Front-to-Back (F/B) ratio. The main benefit is improved Signal‑to-Noise Ratio (S/N or SNR). The improved F/B ratio and lower sidelobes reduce the interference from other transmitters in the area – potentially on the same tower. The improved S/N ratio allows a higher‑order modulation to be used, for example, 128QAM rather than 16QAM. This in turn increases the number of bits per second for a fixed bandwidth, which is also known as the data rate.
Because of its advanced engineering, the RocketDish RD-5G31-AC provides:
- Enhanced co-location
- Better performance
- Additional range
Innovative Mechanical Design
- Ruggedized mounting. The mounting bracket is designed to securely mount and maintain the position of the dish during harsh outdoor conditions.
- Reduced weight The dish and mounting brackets are made of lightweight aluminum.
- Convenient installation The bubble level allows for easy alignment.
- Radome and shroud The included radome protects the inner components, while the metal shroud protects the cables and connectors from nature’s harshest elements.
- Dish, mounting brackets, and fasteners For superior corrosion resistance, the dish and mounting brackets are power‑coated, and the fasteners are made of stainless steel.
Can be Used Single Polarity
While this is a MIMO (Dual Polarity) antenna - it can be used as a single polarity (Horizontal or Vertical) antenna.
|Band:|| 5.1 to 5.8 GHz
|Max. Gain:|| 31 dBi
|Compatible with:|| RocketM5, RocketM5-GPS, RocketM5-Ti, RocketM5-AC
|Dimensions:|| 748 x 748 x 349 mm (antenna only. Excl. pole mount)
|Jumpers:|| 2 included. These are weatherproof, and connect the RocketM5 to the antenna.