With this product, you can quickly install a high speed 2.4 GHz Point-to-Point (PtP) network bridge link. It comes pre-configured so all you have to do is point-plug-and-play. This equipment is rated at 100 Mbps to 10 km, with a maximum link distance of over 30 km
Here is What You Get
- 2 x AirGridM2-16. Includes POE Power Adapters.
- 2 x 20m Grounded Power over Ethernet (POE) cables. These cables run inside your building and connect to (1) low voltage DC power packs (provided), and (2) your computers or computer networks (LANs).
- 2 x Pre-configuration to Ubiquiti Best Practices
- File sharing between buildings
- Internet/email connection extension to a remote building
- Video surveillance using IP cameras.
- Others ...
- 30 km Range. Clear Line of Sight (LOS) required between the antennas.
- Layer 2 bridge link. This is not a routed link - meaning you are effectively joining two buildings into one virtual LAN. LAN protocols like DHCP and Microsoft Networking work across the bridge without any configuration. Because these units in PtP bridge mode are effectively 2-port learning network switches, they do not pass unnecessary LAN traffic to the other building. That is, LAN traffic between PCs in Building 1 does not flow over the wireless link into Building 2; maximising available bandwidth and performance.
- Outdoor use antennas.
- Horizontal or Vertical polarization
- Supplied with pole mounting kits. These kits include adjustment for elevation (up and down)
- Up to 100 Mbps aggregate data throughput speeds for distances up to 10 km. Aggregate data throughput is when there are multiple data streams (eg file copies) in both directions.
- Cisco™ VLAN and VoIP compatible. All our PtP bridge products work with Cisco™ VLAN and VoIP products.
Comes with free pole-mount kits which allows both elevation and azimuth adjustments.
This is the default configuration that we ship. If you prefer any of these values changed for your order, just tell us in the comments part of your order.
- WiFi mode: WDS.
- WiFi channel: 13
- TCP/IP address: 192.168.1.201 and 192.168.1.202. Note: these do NOT have to match the network addresses you are using on your LAN. In fact, it is much better if they are not part of your LAN address space. The only time you would want to change these is if you ALREADY are using these addresses on your network and they would clash.
- TCP/IP subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Encryption: WPA2-AES
- Login: We leave the login/password at factory default (ubnt/ubnt). You then change the password when the equipment is installed.
See these links for specific specifications: