With this product, you can install a Point-to-Point (PtP) network bridge link. It comes pre-configured so all you have to do is point-plug-and-play. The equipment is set to the maximum effective radiated power that is legal in Australia.
This product operates in the 24 GHz band - meaning no interference from other networks in the congested 2.4 or 5 GHz WiFi bands.
Here is What You Get
- 2 x Ubiquiti™ AirFibre (AF-24) units. These fully weatherproof units come with antenna, electronics and pole mount.
- 2 x Ubiquiti Power Over Ethernet (POE) Injectors with Australian power cords.
- 2 x 1m grounded, weatherproof LAN Cable cables. These cables run between the AF-24s and the GbE POE Surge Protectors.
- 2 x 20m grounded, weatherproof LAN Cable cables. These cables run between the GbE POE Surge Protectors and the POE injector and prevent damaging static buildup during electrical storms.
- 2 x GbE POE Surge protectors
- 2 x Weatherproof enclosures for POE Surge protectors
- 2 x Pre-Configuration to Ubiquiti Best Practices. While you can change the configuration later if your needs change, you should not need to perform any configuration when delivered.
- Carrier-Class network Management. All Ubiquiti™ products come with powerful Network Management features like SNMP, SSH, and compatibility with the Ubiquiti™ airControl application. airControl allows you to monitor and control these and any other Ubiquiti devices from a central management console.
- Fibre replacement between buildings
- Fibre backup/redundancy between buildings
- File sharing between buildings
- Internet/email connection extension to a remote building
- Others ...
- 3.7 km max. Range. Clear Line of Sight (LOS) required between the antennas.
- Up to 1400 Mbps bi-directional aggregate TCP/IP throughput.
- Easy pointing. The AF-24 has:
- an external LED display giving the received signal level.
- an Audio signal strength indicator, and
- a Web page signal strength indicator.
- Layer 2 bridge link. This is not a routed link - meaning you are effectively joining two buildings into one virtual LAN. LAN protocols like DHCP and Microsoft Networking work across the bridge without any configuration. Because the AirFiber units are effectively 2-port learning network switches, they do not pass unnecessary LAN traffic to the other building. That is, LAN traffic between PCs in Building 1 does not flow over the wireless link into Building 2; maximising available bandwidth and performance.
- Outdoor use.
- Supplied with mast mounting kit. Note: mast not included.
- Maximum legal power for Australia. You can not deploy a more powerful 24 GHz system in Australia.
- Up to 1400 Mbps data throughput speeds for distances up to 1.3 km, and up to 250 Mbps at 3.7 km.
- Cisco™ VLAN and VoIP compatible. This product is compatible with Cisco™ VLAN and VoIP products.
Each AirFiber comes with a free pole-mount. The standard pole mount kit allows azimuth and elevation adjustment. This does not include the mast itself.
See these links for specific specifications: