This product is part of the AirVision product range from Ubiquiti.
- Feature Packed User Interface: These cameras have their own internal Web Server that allows you to login and view the live image. But when using the free AirVision management software from Ubiquiti, you can now do things like:
- Display multiple camera images on one screen
- Setup video recording. Full Time, Motion Detect, and other recording modes available
- Easily playback recorded video.
- All this available from any PC with a Web Browser.
- And lots more ...
- Cost-Effective Solution: Shattering conventional industry thinking, Ubiquiti offers AirVision's powerful IP surveillance system completely free of charge. No huge upfront costs, no monthly subscription fees.
- Breakthrough Price/ Performance IP Camera Product Line:
The AirCam line of H.264 megapixel cameras combine advanced industrial design and powerful performance.
- Live webcams
Here is a Youtube video showing the feautures included in the AirVision software. AirVision is included free of charge with every AirCam.
Airvison/NVR Host PC
AirVision (AV) is a Graphical User Interface (GUI) application that manages the cameras and the Network Video Recorder (NVR) application.
One of the most useful ways of using these two applications is to enable Motion Detection recording. For this to work - AV/NVR must monitor
the live camera feeds, apply motion detection rules, and record as necessary. This takes a lot of CPU cycles.
The table below gives some real-world data on a test setup we have had for over 1-month. You may want to use it as a guide when sizing a multi-camera installation.
For more than 2 cameras, a PC with a faster CPU would be recommended.
- Host PC: Intel Celeron 2.8 GHz
- OS: Ubuntu 11.04 server
Update, Feb-2012: Ubiquiti has plans to release a new version of AirVision that will move the image processing function into the camera. This should dramaticaly reduce the load on the AirVision PC CPU.