This is one of our Premium Solution products.
- Fast speed
- Long range
- Rugged antenna with outdoor mounting
- High performance CPU and wifi radio for maximum bi-directional throughput - even with Encryption turned on, and
- Carrier-class network management
With this product, you can quickly install a Point-to-Point (PtP) network bridge link. It comes pre-configured so all you have to do is point-plug-and-play. The equipment is set to 36 dBm output - the maximum effective radiated power that is legal in Australia.
This product operates in the 2.4 GHz band.
Here is What You Get
- 2 x BulletennaM2 (BTM2) units. These fully weatherproof units come with
- 20m of POE cable,
- Ubiquiti Power Over Ethernet (POE) Injector with Australian power cords and
- pole mount.
- 2 x Pre-Configuration to Ubiquiti Best Practices. While you can change the configuration later if your needs change, you should not need to perform any configuration when delivered.
- Carrier-Class network Management. All Ubiquiti™ products come with powerful Network Management features like SNMP, SSH, and compatibility with the Ubiquiti™ airControl application. airControl allows you to monitor and control these and any other Ubiquiti devices from a central management console.
- File sharing between buildings
- Internet/email connection extension to a remote building
- Video surveillance using IP cameras.
- Others ...
- 20 km max. Range. Clear Line of Sight (LOS) required between the antennas.
- 150 Mbps max connect speed, giving a bi-directional aggregate TCP/IP throughput of 100 Mbps. Freenet Antennas has measured the one-directional, single file transfer TCP/IP throughput of 75 Mbps with this equipment.
- Layer 2 bridge link. This is not a routed link - meaning you are effectively joining two buildings into one virtual LAN. LAN protocols like DHCP and Microsoft Networking work across the bridge without any configuration. Because the BulletM5 units are effectively 2-port learning network switches, they do not pass unnecessary LAN traffic to the other building. That is, LAN traffic between PCs in Building 1 does not flow over the wireless link into Building 2; maximising available bandwidth and performance.
- Outdoor use.
- Horizontal or Vertical polarization.
- Supplied with mast mounting kit.
- Maximum legal power for Australia. You can not deploy a more powerful WiFi system in Australia.
- Up to 100 Mbps data throughput speeds for distances up to 5 km, and up to 30 Mbps at 20 km.
- Cisco™ VLAN and VoIP compatible. This product is compatible with Cisco™ VLAN and VoIP products.
Each Bulletenna comes with a free pole-mount. The standard pole mount kit allows azimuth and elevation adjustment.
This is the default configuration that we ship. If you prefer any of these values changed for your order, just tell us in the comments part of your order.
- WiFi mode: WDS.
- WiFi channel: 13
- TCP/IP address: 192.168.1.201 and 192.168.1.202. Note: these do NOT have to match the network addresses you are using on your LAN. In fact, it is much better if they are not part of your LAN address space. The only time you would want to change these is if you ALREADY are using these addresses on your network and they would clash.
- TCP/IP subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Encryption: WPA2-AES
- Login: We leave the login/password at factory default (ubnt/ubnt). You then change the password when the equipment is installed.
See these links for specific specifications: