With this product, you can quickly install a Point-to-Point (PtP) network bridge link. It comes pre-configured so all you have to do is point-plug-and-play.
This product operates in the 5 GHz band.
Here is What You Get
- 2 x Ubiquiti™ LocoM5 units. These fully weatherproof units come with antenna, electronics and pole mount.
- 2 x Ubiquiti Power Over Ethernet (POE) Injectors with Australian power cords.
- 2 x 20m grounded, weatherproof LAN Cable cables. These cables run between the Locos and the POE injector and prevent damaging static buildup during electrical storms.
- 2 x Pre-Configuration to Ubiquiti Best Practices. While you can change the configuration later if your needs change, you should not need to perform any configuration when delivered.
- Carrier-Class network Management. All Ubiquiti™ products come with powerful Network Management features like SNMP, SSH, and compatibility with the Ubiquiti™ airControl application. airControl allows you to monitor and control these and any other Ubiquiti devices from a central managament console.
- File sharing between buildings
- Internet/email connection extension to a remote building
- Video surveillance using IP cameras.
- Others ...
- 10+ km max. Range. Clear Line of Sight (LOS) required between the antennas.
- 300 Mbps max connect speed, giving a bi-directional aggregate TCP/IP throughput of 150 Mbps. Freenet Antennas has measured the one-directional, single file transfer TCP/IP throughput of 91 Mbps with this equipment.
- Easy pointing. The LocoM5 has an external LED display giving the received signal level.
- Layer 2 bridge link. This is not a routed link - meaning you are effectively joining two buildings into one virtual LAN. LAN protocols like DHCP and Microsoft Networking work across the bridge without any configuration. Because the LocoM5 units are effectively 2-port learning network switches, they do not pass unnecessary LAN traffic to the other building. That is, LAN traffic between PCs in Building 1 does not flow over the wireless link into Building 2; maximising available bandwidth and performance.
- Outdoor use.
- Horizontal & Vertical polarization.
- Supplied with mast mounting kit.
- Maximum legal power for Australia. You can not deploy a more powerful WiFi system in Australia.
- Up to 150 Mbps data throughput speeds for distances up to 3.5 km, and up to 7 Mbps at 10+ km.
- Cisco™ VLAN and VoIP compatible. This product is compatible with Cisco™ VLAN and VoIP products.
Each LocoM5 comes with a free pole-mount. The standard pole mount kit allows azimuth adjustment, but not elevation. Other mounting options are listed below.
Note: This kit does NOT include poles.
This is the default configuration that we ship. If you prefer any of these values changed for your order, just tell us in the comments part of your order.
- WiFi mode: WDS.
- WiFi channel: 152 (5760 MHz)
- Channel width: 40 MHz
- TCP/IP address: 192.168.1.201 and 192.168.1.202. Note: these do NOT have to match the network addresses you are using on your LAN. In fact, it is much better if they are not part of your LAN address space. The only time you would want to change these is if you ALREADY are using these addresses on your network and they would clash.
- TCP/IP subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Encryption: WPA2-AES
- Login: We leave the login/password at factory default (ubnt/ubnt). You then change the password when the equipment is installed.
See these links for specific specifications:
You may also want to consider ...