Freenet Antennas offers an Engineered WiFi Link Analysis service. You give us the coordinates of two end points; we plot the radio signal path using topologiocal (height) data and determine expected quality of the signal path and the expected data throughput rate.
This service will save you money if you buy and deploy a WiFi network - only to discover that the signal path was not as clear as you first thought.
- You or your customer wants a WiFi link. You know the locations to be linked, but when looking from one point to the other, all that can be seen is trees; you can't even see the other end. An Engineered WiFi Link Analysis will show if hidden hills are in the way.
- Save the time and expense of finding out your new WiFi link does not work after it is installed.
- You have a six kilometer WiFi link to connect, but you can't see the other end, it's lost in haze. Is the other end on that hill, or is it hidden behind it ? An Engineered WiFi Link Analysis will show you exactly where it is, and what is in the way.
- Determine if your proposed WiFi link will work and if so, how well.
- Investigate different site locations for optimum link performance.
- Determine minimum antenna heights for optimal performance for each location. You can't climb a 20 metre ladder with your laptop in hand to check the signal strength just to test it. An Engineered WiFi Link Analysis can place the antennas at any height, anywhere.
- Discover what steps need to be taken to improve your existing WiFi link
- A planned network has 7 locations, but they are located in a hilly area, who can see who, and who can't ? An Engineered WiFi Link Analysis will tell the complete story.
How to Order
Place an order via this www site. We will email back a set of instructions on how to use Google Earth to create a *.kml file with the information we need about the end points of the link.
Alternate FREE service
This site offers a free alternative to our Engineered WiFi Link Analysis service. Freenet-Antennas is not associated with this site in any way, and is not responsible for any results it may produce. You use the data from this site at your own risk.