Ideal for Wireless-N (802.11n) Technology
The TwinPol Antennatm has been specially built to Freenet Antennas specifications. We all know that 802.11n is the fastest WiFi technolgy to date - but to get that speed you need multiple antennas. And to get a decent distance (our speciality), you need directional antennas. So we asked our primary antenna manufacturer to build a special antenna that was a special two-in-one antenna with a combination Horizontal/Vertical polarisation antenna in one enclosure.
The advantages of having two antennas in one are:
- Easier to Point. With directional antennas, you need to point the antennas in the desired direction. Pointing two antennas on one mast is not easy.
- Easier to Install - compared to two separate antennas.
- Better looking - compared to two separate antennas.
- Twin Polarisation - Vertical and Horizontal. Ideal for MIMO (Multiple In, Multiple Out) applications such as 802.11n.
- Two N-type female connectors. This allows you to connect two 802.11g APs or one 802.11n AP.
- High gain, low profile
- Outdoor use. Corrosion resistant
- Supplied with mast mounting kit. This kit includes adjustment for elevation (up and down)
- Ideal for use with the Ubiquiti RocketM2.
At Freenet Antennas we like to do real-world tests rather than relying on just specification sheets. See below the results of some real-world TwinPol Antennatm tests.
- Distance: 0.91 km
- Speed: 80 Mbps
- Distance: 1.84 km
- Speed: 60 Mbps
Comes with a free pole-mount kit, as shown in this picture. The pole mount kit allows both elevation and azimuth adjustments.
Click to enlarge
Use with RocketM2
This antenna is ideal for use with the Ubiquiti RocketM2 MIMO AP. Just mount the RocketM2 on the pole next to the antenna, and link up with these cables.
Use with UAP-Outdoor (UniFi)
This antenna is ideal for use with the Ubiquiti UAP-Outdoor Outdoor UniFi AP. Just mount the UAP-Outdoor on the pole next to the antenna, and link up with these cables.
|Gain||12 dBi x 2|
|Frequency range||2400 - 2483 MHz|
802.11b (11 Mbps), 802.11g (54 Mbps), and 802.11n compatible.
|Polarization||Vertical and Horizontal (0 and 90 degrees), or|
+45 and-45 degrees
|Connector||2 x N-type Female|
|Max. Power||50 W|
|Beam Width||30 deg (Vertical)|
30 deg (Horizontal)
|F/B Ratio||≥ 30 dB
|Isolation||≥ 30 dB
|Dimensions||261 x 261 x 35 mm
|Pole diameter||40 to 50 mm