||Australian companies have the GST refunded by the ATO. The ex-GST price of this product is $145.45
Freenet Antennas is an authorised reseller of Ubiquiti products in Australia.
Ubiquiti products are carrier-class, meaning they are ideal for:
All Ubiquiti products include:
- Wireless ISPs (WISPs),
- Companies needing to deploy robust equipment with very powerful network management features, or
- End users needing top performance gear.
- An Operating System. For most products the OS is AirOS™ - Ubiquiti's powerful operating system and Graphic User Interface (GUI). For some of the embedded systems (boards) the OS is OpenWRT.
- Two Network modes that apply between the wired (ethernet) and wireless interfaces:
- Router - with common internet gateway features like NAT Firewall, PPPoE, etc.
- Bridge - transparent bridging.
- Four Wireless modes that apply to the radio interface:
- AP. Access Point mode is a standard 802.11 Access Point.
- Station. Sometimes called 'Client' mode, this connects to an AP.
- AP WDS. (AP + MULTI-POINT BRIDGE). This mode is the combination of an AP and a Multi-Point Bridge with up to 6 WDS
transparent bridge connections.
- Station WDS. (SINGLE POINT BRIDGE) This mode makes a transparent bridge connection to a unit in AP WDS mode as one of the 6 WDS peers.
- Advanced Featutres like:
- Wireless Traffic Shaping. Dedicated upstream and downstream bandwidth control.
- QoS. Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) Quality of Service prioritisation for Voice and Video.
We only supply World Version Ubiquiti units
In mid-2011 Ubiquiti started selling two models of every product with a radio:
Don't get USA-Locked products by mistake!
Freenet Antennas only sell World Version units.
- USA-Locked: This is what most USA suppliers sell - as required by the USA FCC.
These units can ONLY operate on US frequencies. We use different frequencies in Australia.
You can not change the 'Country' selection in the web interface. There is no way around this - even re-loading new firmware.
- World Version: These are only for sale outside USA and can use all legal frequency band available in Australia.
See our Product Selection Guides to help you decide which product is best for you.
An Enhanced System Board Ideal for Ubiquiti™ miniPCI Radio Cards
Combine the RouterStation Pro with up to 3 Ubiquiti™ miniPCI radio boards to make a complete WiFi system. The RouterStation Pro is compatible with these cards:
- XR2 2.4 GHz, 600mW, 802.11b/g
- SR71-12 2.4 GHz, 600mW, 802.11b/g/n
- SR5 5 GHz, 400mW, 802.11a
- XR5 5 GHz, 600mW, 802.11a
- SR71-12 2.4 GHz, 600mW, 802.11b/g/n
- SR71-15 5 GHz, 300mW, 802.11a/n
Pro Version Enhancements
The Pro version has these enhancements over the RouterStation
- 48V 802.3af Power Over Ethernet
- 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- 128MB RAM
- On Board SDIO Support
- On Board DC power jack
Featuring a fast 680MHz MIPS 24K CPU, 128MB RAM, and 16MB Flash, the RouterStation Pro provides excellent horsepower for a variety of processor intensive multi-radio system applications.
Ships with Open-WRT Standard
The RouterStation Pro ships with Open-WRT Kamikaze; the de facto standard for open-source wireless router software. OpenWrt is a Linux distribution for embedded devices.
Instead of trying to create a single, static firmware, OpenWrt provides a fully writable filesystem with package management. This frees you from the application selection and configuration provided by the vendor and allows you to customize the device through the use of packages to suit any application. For the developer, OpenWrt is the framework to build an application without having to build a complete firmware around it; for users this means the ability for full customization, to use the device in ways never envisioned.
Freeware OpenWRT packages exist to add a huge list of features to your base system, such as Meshing, Hotspots, RADIUS, etc. Here is a list of packages available.
Ubiquiti™ has provided this RouterStation OpenWRT SW Setup Guide document.
The RouterStationPro is also compatible with OpenWRT 'Backfire', which supersedes 'Kamikaze'.
The RouterStation Pro board has these features.
- 802.3af 48V POE compatible
- Gigabit Ethernet Switch (4 ports)
- 680MHz CPU (Option to overclock to 800)
- 128MB RAM
- 16MB Flash
- Supports up to 3 mini-PCI radios
- 1 x USB 2.0 port
- 1 x serial port (11500 bps)
- SDIO Support
- Enhanced temperature operating performance and Robust ESD/Surge Protection for Industrial Applications.
- Support for 3 Ubiquiti SR,XR,or SR71 radios
Optional Mounting in our Enclosure
Optionally, we can mount in one of these products for you:
Click image to enlarge
|The picture at the left shows an example mounting. Note we have added an antenna lead out to a N-type female antenna connector.|
Because of the various combinations, please email us at sales @ freenet-antennas.com for a price on enclosure mounting.
Optional Mounting in an Indoor Enclosure
|Processor Specs||Atheros MIPS 24K, 680MHz
|Memory Information||128MB SDRAM, 16MB Flash
|Networking Interface||4 port Gigabit Switch (Cat. 5, RJ-45) Ethernet Interface
|PCI Support||3 x 32-bit mini-PCI
|Approvals || FCC,CE, C-Tick when used with Ubiquiti™ radio cards
|Power Supply||48V (802.3af). Sold separately
|Power Method||Passive Power over Ethernet (pairs 4,5+; 7,8 return), or DC power jack.
|Operating Temperature||-30C to +75C
You might also want to consider ...
Warranty and Support Information:
- 1 year warranty - in Australia
- Ubiquiti Power Limits in Australia
- Official Online Forum
- Support Page for Drivers, Documentation, etc.
- The Knowledge Base provides a place where you can search the most commonly asked support and pre-sales technical support questions.
- The Support Wiki provides you with the AirOS user manual, quick setup guide, and setup tutorials to get your Ubiquiti™devices running.
- The Support Forum is an excellent and resourceful place to access the wealth of knowledge from Ubiquiti Support Engineers and the entire Ubiquiti™ Community.
- The Best Practices explains how Ubiquiti recommends setup for best performance.
- Support is provided by the manufacturer. After checking the FAQ and online forums, if you still need help you can reach support in these ways:
|Power Over Ethernet cable: